Adjusting Custom Permissions in Salesforce
Custom permissions control how the Glance buttons behave, usually whether or not they invoke the Glance client. You will need to adjust which permissions are active for user profiles depending on your solution configuration.
To adjust custom permissions:
- Click on the Gear icon in the top right corner and choose Setup.
- On the left sidebar, under Users, click on Profiles.
- Choose System Administrator. (Later you will want to adjust other profiles, but you can start here to test.)
- At the top of the page, hover your mouse over Enabled Custom Permissions and click Edit.
|Permission name||Function||Typical use|
|Glance for Salesforce.G4S.Agent Video||Requires the glance client (formerly Panorama). If the custom permission Glance for Salesforce.G4S.Glance for Salesforce – Panorama is also active, on joining a session via the Cobrowse/Join button, an agent video session will immediately start.||Enable if you want your sessions to automatically start with Agent Video active.|
|Glance for Salesforce.G4S.Glance for Salesforce||Displays the Cobrowse/Join button and allows you to join sessions to view in a browser tab.||Enable if you are only using Cobrowse.|
|Glance for Salesforce.G4S.Glance for Salesforce – Panorama||Requires the glance client (formerly Panorama) . Displays the Cobrowse/Join button and allows you to join sessions to view in the Glance client. Also allows you to Show your screen or View someone's screen through the Glance client.||Enable if you are using Screen Share with Cobrowse and/or Agent Video.|
- Choose which permissions you need enabled and disable the rest.
- Repeat these steps for every user profile that will be using Glance.
NOTE: If every permission is enabled, then it will default to invoking the Glance client and launching Agent Video. If you do not have the Glance Client installed, you will not be able to use Glance until you either install the client or change the permissions. If you selected Install for all users when you first installed the package, every profile in your org will have every permission enabled.