5.1 Website & Cobrowse - September 28, 2021
Document Sharing for Cobrowse
Document Sharing allows visitors and agents to share documents hosted on their computer with each other during a Cobrowse session. This is additive to our existing support for PDF and Excel Cobrowsing, which provides the ability to cobrowse PDF or Excel documents hosted on the customer website. Users can optionally save the files shared with them to their local computer.
If you are interested in using this feature, contact Glance.
Agent Video Background Effects
Glance has added the ability to allow you to blur or replace video backgrounds for agents during cobrowse sessions for better privacy. Administrators can customize the background effects for participants from Manage Your Account. If the background effects button is enabled, agents can turn effects on and off from the Gear icon on the agent viewer. Additional documentation on this feature is available here.
If enabled, Agents have the ability to:
- Blur backgrounds
- Replace their background with an image (like company logo)
- Replace their background with a color fill.
Add Additional Guests to Cobrowse Session
With this release, we have added the ability to add additional guests to a Cobrowse session, even if you do not use multi-participant video. If enabled, the agent can send the guest an invite to join the session from the agent viewer.
1-Click Connect Added to Browser Agent API
Glance has added 1-Click Connect capabilities to the Browser Agent API, to allow agents to start a session when the visitor is present on the customer website. You can include the Glance Browser Agent API in an agent-side web application to start and close Glance sessions.
Fixes and Improvements
- Improved Glance Video Session reporting.
- Extended the Glance Visitor ID character limit to 64 digits.
- Added support for binary strings for Excel Cobrowse.
- Accessibility improvements to support Glance’s Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) on our default Cobrowse visitor UI.
- Fixed an issue that caused gesturing to be off during sessions.
- Security fixes and improvements.