Installing Glance for Zendesk
Once you have added the necessary user fields, you can install Glance for Zendesk.
To install Glance for Zendesk:
- Go to your Settings by clicking the cog at the bottom left of your Zendesk screen.
- In the Apps section, click on Marketplace.
- Find and view the Glance listing.
- Click Install App in the upper-right-hand corner of the page.
- Click Install on the next screen.
- Open a ticket. You should see the app in the sidebar. If you do not see the sidebar, make sure that the App drawer is open by clicking the Apps button in the upper-right-hand corner of the ticket.
- If you are an admin, you should see an App Settings link on the bottom-right-hand corner of the app. Click the App Settings link.
- In the Simple Screen Share section, select whether you would like to give your agents the ability to start Glance Show or View sessions from Zendesk. Show will show your agent's screen to a guest, View will allow the agent to view the guest's screen and possibly control it remotely.
In the Simple Screen Share Client Key Settings section, choose one of the following:
- Random key: Screen sharing sessions will be protected with a randomly generated key. The agent will instruct customers to go to their Glance Address and enter this key.
- No key: Screen sharing sessions will start without a key needed to join. The agent will instruct customers to simply go to their Glance Address to show or view their screen.
- Client settings key: Agents can specify key settings in their installed client. If you choose this option, the sessions will start according to each agent's client settings.
NOTE: Client settings key (default setting) has an issue that may prevent it from working correctly. Please select Random key or No key during setup.
In the Cobrowse section, select the field you would like to use for Glance Cobrowse session keys. If you have not set up Integrated Session Start and the necessary fields for this, just leave it at None. This will start Glance Cobrowse sessions with a 4-digit key that the customer gives to the agent.
In the Comment and Reply Settings section, you have these options:
NOTE: The agent will have to refresh the ticket to see these changes.
- No comment or reply: No comments or replies will be submitted when an agent starts a Glance Cobrowse or Screen Sharing session from Zendesk.
- Draft comment: Generates an internal note with session information, but does not submit. The agent will still have to submit the changes to the ticket.
- Submit comment: Submits an internal note with session information via background API request.
- Draft reply: Generates a public reply with session information for Glance Show and View sessions. If the agent chooses to submit the draft reply, the customer will receive an email with information on how to join the session.
- Submit reply: Submits a public reply with session information for Glance Show and View sessions via a background API request. This will automatically notify the customer via email with instructions on how to join the session.
- Submit new tickets from User: If an agent starts a Glance session while viewing a User in Zendesk, Glance will automatically create a ticket with session information and pop that ticket into view.
In the Tag Settings section, choose:
- Draft Tag if you want to add a tag to the current ticket that indicates that a Glance session was started on this ticket. The tags will be: glance-show, glance-view, or glance-cobrowse.
- Submit Tag if you want the tags to be automatically added to a ticket via a background API request.