Using Glance for ServiceNow
There are five basic steps to get started:
- Get a Glance account. Contact Glance Customer Success at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a Company Settings record.
- Create a Display Configuration record for the table to integrate.
- Configure the ServiceNow form and add the Glance Card formatter.
- Optionally add the Glance Sessions related list to the form (ensure system property is set).
Step 1: Get a Glance Account
A Glance account is required for the connector to function properly. If you don't have a Glance account, you will need to be provisioned with one by Glance. Please contact Glance Customer Success.
Step 2: Create a Company Settings Record
Once you have a Glance account, you need to create a link between ServiceNow and Glance. The second step in connecting ServiceNow to Glance is to create a Company Settings record.
To create the link:
- Go to the Glance menu.
- Select Configuration.
- Choose Company Settings.
This is where you will enter your company-specific information that will allow Glance and ServiceNow to communicate. 4. Provide the following Glance details:
- Name: an arbitrary value used to help identify the record.
- Partner ID: your Glance Group or Partner ID.
- API key: your API key which is obtained from the glance.net portal.
- SSO expiration: the number of seconds for an SSO key to be valid for. (Default is 3600 = 1 hour.)
- Partner UID field: the field on the ServiceNow sys_user table that contains the Partner User ID used to identify Glance agents.
- Default: reserved for future use. For the time being, this field is used to identify the company settings to use.
- Presence: activate the Glance Presence service. If a visitor is connected and present, the Cobrowse button will glow orange.
- Show terms: controls the action performed when first connecting to an identified/present visitor (1-Click Connect). If true, the user will be shown Terms and Conditions and have the option to decline Cobrowse. If false, the Cobrowse session will start immediately.
Step 3: Create a Display Configuration Record
Display configurations are used to setup Glance for the different forms the integration will be used on. A Display Configuration record must be created for every table you want to integrate with.
To create a display configuration record:
- Go to the Company Settings record.
- Scroll to the Display Configurations related list.
- Click on New.
- Add the following details:
- Table: select the table you want to use the Glance integration with.
- Visitor ID: select the field where the Visitor ID is located. This will normally be a field on the user/visitor record which is referenced on the form. You must be able to navigate to this field directly from the form you are adding the Glance integration to.
- Company settings: the company settings this configuration belongs to. (This field will be prefilled when created from the Company Settings record.)
- Active: enable the Glance integration for this table.
- Auto join: if enabled and the visitor is identified and present when the form loads, a Cobrowse session will be automatically attempted. (This might be useful in a call center CTI scenario).
Step 4: Configure the ServiceNow Form and Add the Glance Card Formatter
The Glance integration works by providing a preconfigured UI Formatter that you can add to the forms of your choice. For each table that uses the formatter, a valid Display Configuration record must be available as outlined in step 2.
To configure the form and add the formatter:
- Configure the ServiceNow form layout.
- Add the Glance Card formatter where required.
Step 5: Add the Glance Sessions Related List to the Form
The Glance application comes with a universal related list which can be added to any form.
To add the Glance sessions related list to a form:
- Create an active Display Configuration record for the table you want to add the related session list to.
- Configure the form Related Lists.
- Add Glance Sessions to show related sessions.