Glance Menu in ServiceNow
The following describes the Glance menu sections:
- Sessions: holds the session information from each Glance session that has been completed on this instance of ServiceNow.
- Sync events: shows the attempts from ServiceNow to update any unsynchronized sessions. These records are automatically created by the Scheduled sync job (hourly by default).
- Company Settings: contains the API details and general Glance settings. Only the record marked default is used.
- Display Configurations: contains the settings for each table that has the Glance integration.
NOTE: This job should not be executed more than once per hour. A business rule prevents the repeat interval from being less than an hour.
- Formatters: these are the UI Formatters that can be added to forms to render the Glance launch UI in ServiceNow.
- REST APIs: ServiceNow inbound REST APIs that support the integration.
- REST Messages: ServiceNow outbound REST Messages for connecting to Glance APIs.
- GlanceActivityService: used to synchronize session data.
- GlanceSessionService: used to find the visitor/guest details when launching a new session.
- Scheduled Sync: the scheduled job that periodically synchronizes the session data.
- You can use system properties to control the application.