Setting up Screen Share
NOTE: Glance is retiring the 2.11 screen share client at the end of 2019. To download our latest client, click here.
Glance works on most current Windows and Macintosh operating systems. Please see System Requirements for more information.
Once you have an active subscription, you can download Glance at www.glance.net/download.
Install Glance for Windows
Once Glance has downloaded:
- Enter your Glance Address and Password.
- Click Ok.
You will now find Glance as a G icon in your system tray next to your computer's clock.
Glance Icon Visibility
Windows often tries to hide icons. Make sure the G icon stays visible by doing one of the following:
- Click the G icon from the arrow popup in the right hand corner.
- Drag the G icon into the tray.
- Open the Windows Start Menu.
- Go to All Programs.
- Choose Glance. (This is to make sure Glance is running.)
- Right-click a blank spot on the Windows Task Bar.
- Choose Properties. This will display the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box.
- Click Customize. (Located in the lower right corner, which opens another window.)
- Locate the line with the Glance G icon and click its entry in the Behavior column.
- Choose Always Show.
- Click OK.
Install Glance for Mac
After the download has started, the Glance zip file will be downloaded and should automatically open. The Glance Installer will walk you through the steps necessary to install Screen Share.
Once installed, you will find Glance on your dock and menu bar.
If the file does not automatically open, follow these steps:
- Go to your Downloads and double-click on the Glance file to open it.
- Double-click on the Glance Package installer icon.
- Click Continue to install Glance in your Applications folder (Any previous version of Glance will be overwritten).