Glance Agent Video
Glance Agent Video is a one-way video service offered within the Glance Visual Engagement Platform in which a customer can see an agent. Personalizing the conversation with video enables your agents to build trust, confidence, credibility, and rapport.
For additional information about Glance Agent Video or the Glance Visual Engagement Platform, please visit the Glance Agent Video and Glance Visual Engagement Platform pages.
Glance Agent Video includes specific system requirements for both an agent and visitor (customer, prospect) to employ the video service.
NOTE: Starting with Glance Cobrowse version 4.5, an agent who has connected to a cobrowse session in Google Chrome may now start Agent Video, as described below. Formerly, Agent Video always required connecting with the Glance desktop client.
Agent Video Features
Glance Agent Video features include the following:
- Leverages onboard or external cameras.
- No proxies on onsite installs.
- Supports Windows and Mac browsers.
- Can embed in any app.
Cobrowse Agent Video in Browser
Starting with Glance Cobrowse version 4.5, an agent who has connected to a cobrowse session in Google Chrome may now start Agent Video. Formerly, Agent Video always required connecting with the Glance desktop client.
To use Agent Video, the following are required:
- The Glance Group account must be set to use Cobrowse version 4.5 or above, or if self-hosting scripts, then version 4.5 must be used.
- The agent must have a subscription plan that allows video.
- The setting Use Agent Video during sessions must be enabled in My Account > Settings.
- If User Roles are in use, the Role must have Use Agent Video during sessions enabled.
- The agent must have a webcam attached to their computer.
- The agent must use Chrome to connect to the cobrowse session, only the Chrome browser supports the required functionality at this time.
- The agent must connect securely with https: (some customers with http only websites may require agents on http, this is not recommended in general).
The g icon is available from the left side of the agent control bar. This menu has commands including requesting remote control. Not all accounts are configured to see this menu.
If you meet the requirements listed above, the agent control bar contains the video button.
To use agent video:
- Click the video button on the agent control bar.
- The first time you use video, Chrome presents a warning. Click Allow.
- When agent video is active, the video button glows white.
When connecting to Cobrowse from Salesforce using Glance for Salesforce, if the agent has the Glance – AgentVideo Custom Permission then video will automatically start.
Other Agent software integrations can connect to Cobrowse with a URL like:
agentvideo=1 parameter will attempt to automatically start agent video. If using the agentjoin URL returned by the LookupPartnerSession API, add the
agentvideo=1 parameter to that URL.
Troubleshooting Agent Video
- If the video button does not appear, double-check the requirements above.
- Confirm that the camera is not already being used by another application.
- Confirm that the Glance web page has been granted access to the camera.
- When video first starts, you will see a permission dialogue like this one pop up. Click "Allow":
- If you see a camera icon with a red "X" in the upper right corner of the window, click on it and then click "Always allow..." and then "Done".
- Confirm that the browser can access the camera.
- You can do this by navigating to this test webpage.
- This is a third party simple WebRTC diagnostic page. You should be able to click "Open camera" and see images from your camera displayed on the page.
- If this doesn't work, please contact your IT department to troubleshoot the problem with your webcam.
- Open the browser development tools to the Console tab, often a message or error will be shown. There is additional logging to the console for various events.