- 1 Glance for Mobile Apps
- 2 How does it work?
- 3 Mobile SDK
- 4 Default User Interface
- 5 Glance Voice
- 6 Looking for more information?
Glance for Mobile Apps
Create great customer experiences and drive more sales with Glance for Mobile Apps. Now your agents can view anything with customers, in the moment – on any device and even on your iOS or Android mobile app. Glance for mobile delivers a premium customer support experience for users of your mobile app by accelerating agent to customer knowledge transfer and reducing the need for future calls.
It’s easy to set up and is designed for organizations that distribute customer-installed software applications and are focused on improving their customer support capabilities within a mobile environment.
How does it work?
- The Glance SDK is integrated into iOS and Android mobile applications.
- Contact center agents connect to the Glance mobile screen sharing sessions via plug-and-play integrations for Salesforce or using the Glance client.
- Once configured, the enhanced application is tested and released like any other mobile app.
With the Mobile Software Developer Kit (SDK), mobile app developers can quickly and easily integrate Glance, so they can leverage built-in features such as PII masking, agent video, and gesturing.
Get the Mobile SDK
Glance mobile SDK is available for the iOS and Android platforms in common development frameworks and languages. Check out the SDK versions, example apps and documentation at the following Gitlab repos:
Once you have the SDK, contact us using the form below and we will provision you with a 30-day trial Glance account. (The Glance mobile SDK requires a Glance account.)
Default User Interface
The mobile SDK includes a default user interface, so that you can easily set up Glance in your mobile application. You can customize the default interface colors, text, and graphics to match your company’s branding.
Customize the Default User Interface
You can modify the color, interface text, and images provided in the default interface. You can also choose to implement your own interface.
- To set various colors used by the default UI:
[GlanceVisitor setDefaultUIColor: CircleViewColor color: UIColor.redColor];
- To override the default UI text and image resources, include resources with the same name within your own application bundle resources.
- To use the default UI, but supply a GlanceDefaultUIDelegate or your own terms and conditions URL:
[GlanceVisitor defaultUI: YES delegate: myDelegate termsURL: @"https://www.example.com/terms"];. GlanceDefaultUIDelegate only provides notification for voice call events.
- To implement your own UI, use:
[GlanceVisitor defaultUI: NO]; [GlanceVisitor setCustomViewerDelegate:self];.Your delegate must implement the
- To set various colors used by the default UI, add them to your res/values/colors.xml file.
- To modify the UI text, update your application’s res/values/strings.xml file.
- To customize images, include resources with the same name within the res/drawable folder.
- To implement your own UI use:
Visitor.defaultUI(false); Visitor.setCustomSessionViewId(R.id.my_glance_agent_viewer);. Your custom view will most likely override onSizeChanged and dispatchDraw.
Default User Interface Details
Session Key Colors
Agent Viewer Colors
The Glance mobile SDK provides an optional in-app calling capability to enable mobile app users to have a voice connection with contact center agents. The Glance voice feature is available in the Glance Mobile SDK in addition to the screen-sharing and agent video capabilities. When used, it depends on the Twilio SDK, which must also be included in the application.
The typical VoIP SDK workflow is as follows:
- A mobile user clicks on the help button in mobile app.
- The app initiates a call to a contact center mobile queue via the Glance SDK.
- The agent picks up the call from queue.
- The mobile user and agent are connected via voice call.
- The agent initiates a mobile app sharing session.
- The mobile user and agent connect via a screen-sharing session.
- Both sessions end when customer or agent end session click the close button.
Learn more about implementing Glance Voice in the Quickstart Guide.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.