- 1 Logging in to Your Glance Account
- 2 Account Dashboard Overview
- 3 Managing Users
- 4 Adding Users to Your Account and Creating Roles
- 5 Editing Users
- 6 Exporting User Lists
- 7 Reporting
- 8 Accounts and Subscriptions Q & A
- 8.1 How do I change my Glance address or password?
- 8.1.1 How do I reset my password?
- 8.1.2 Why am I asked for my network password when I try to sign in?
- 8.1.3 Where can I get a receipt of my Glance payments?
- 8.1.4 Is there a limit to how many machines I may download Glance Screen Share to?
- 8.1.5 I have a Glance Screen Share account. Do I need to install anything?
- 8.1.6 How long is the Screen Share trial? How can I get additional time?
- 8.1.7 How does a Glance Screen Share day pass work?
- 8.1.8 Grandfathered Glance Day Pass users
- 8.1.9 How do I get Glance Screen Share on my other computers?
- 8.1.10 How do I convert a Screen Share trial into a paid subscription?
- 8.1.11 How do I cancel my Glance subscription?
- 8.1.12 Do Glance subscriptions renew automatically?
- 8.1.13 Can I subscribe to Glance Screen Share for just a month or two at a time?
- 8.1.14 A message says my Screen Share trial has expired, but I have a subscription!
You can manage your Glance account online including adjusting your subscriptions, viewing your billing details, changing your user settings, and more.
Logging in to Your Glance Account
To log in, follow these steps:
- Go to www.glance.net.
- Click Log in (on the top right hand corner of the screen.) Or use the following link https://www.glance.net/Login.asp?.
3. Enter your admin Glance login credentials (Glance Address and Password).
Alternatively, if you have Glance Screen Share installed, you can also log in by following these steps:
- Click on the G icon.
- Go to Settings.
- Click the Account tab.
- Select the My Account link.
Account Dashboard Overview
Once you are logged in to your account, you can access the following tabs:
- Summary: An overview of your profile, subscriptions and recent session activities for your Glance Address.
- Profile: View and edit your contact information and change your password.
- Activity: View your Glance session activities including:
- Group Activity Sessions
- Sessions by Subscriber Role
- Session by Subscriber
- Least Active Subscribers
- Audio: See your audio conferencing account information.
- Subscriptions: View your current subscriptions and shop for more capacity.
- Billing: View and update your billing information.
- Users: Add or delete users, view detailed reports of their usage, and view current subscriptions.
- Settings: Adjust privileges for users in your group.
Through the Glance Portal tab, you can manage and edit users, create roles, and view reports.
For Cobrowse, you can also use Glance’s APIs found under Customizing for partner user registration to subscribe roles, show, update, delete, and add users.
Adding Users to Your Account and Creating Roles
To add users to your account:
- Under Manage Your Account, select the Portal tab.
2. Select Add subscribers to this account.
3. If using roles, select the role which is applicable.
There are two ways you can add users:
- Bulk Upload: If you are adding more than five users, we recommend a bulk upload via a CSV file.
2. Manual: Use this option when you are adding one to three users.
Create roles so you can:
- Provide specific team members special access to Glance feature(s). First, create a role for the permission, and then provision users into this role.
- Run session activity reports on teams. You can create a role for a team and provision users into this role.
Follow these steps, to create roles:
- Verify the role exists. If it doesn’t already exist, proceed to Step 2.
2. To create a new role, select New.
3. Fill out the following:
- Role name: Assign a name for the role.
- Description: Give a brief description which will be helpful for your team when reviewing the role.
- Features / Settings: Assign the capabilities and features for this role.
4. Save the role:
- Once step 3 is completed, click OK.
- If you have no other roles to create, select Apply.
Edit User Details Within Your Account
Follow the steps below to edit contact details, update Glance usernames, passwords, PUIDs, and roles.
To edit roles:
- Go to the Portal tab.
- Select your company name.
- Choose Edit users.
4. Find the user you wish to modify.
5. To edit, click the Pencil / Pen icon in the row of the login you would like to update.
6. By clicking on the Pencil /Pen, you will see the fields become editable.
7. Once you make the change, select the Green check mark in the row. If there are no other users to edit, scroll down and select Update.
Delete a Single User Within Your Account
To delete a single user within your account:
- Follow steps 1 through 4 from above.
- Once you have located the user, click on the red trash can. This will delete the user.
3. Once you have deleted the user, you will need to scroll down and select Update.
4. Your screen will change notifying the updates were made successfully.
Edit a User Role Within Your Account
Follow these steps if you want to update a single user’s assigned role:
- Go to the Portal tab.
- Select your company name.
- Choose Edit users.
- Locate the user you want to edit.
- Click on the green hamburger.
6. Select the role and click Update User.
Edit Users in Bulk Within Your Account (Customer View)
The following steps walk you through editing (Role, Passwords, Suspend, Delete, and Reinstate) for multiple users.
To edit users in bulk:
- Go to the Portal tab.
- Select Bulk update users.
3. Select a method:
- Change subscriber’s role
Exporting User Lists
To export user lists, follow these steps:
- Select Export users.
2. Select which user list you want to export:
- All subscribers
- Active subscribers
- Suspended subscribers
3. Click Export.
The list will be saved in your download folder.
Team Activity Reports
You can run a report for your team and export the details for all users, a single user, by role, or by least active users.
To run a team activity report, follow these steps:
- Go to the Activity tab.
2. When you click on the Activity Tab, it will automatically provide you a team session report for today.
3. You can change the date range of the session report to:
- Last 7 days
- Current month report
- Last month’s report
- Two months ago
- Three months ago
- Four months ago
- Custom date range
Here is an example of selecting a Custom date range.
4. Select which report option you would like to View or Export:
- Sessions by Subscriber Role: You can Export the report via role or summary of all roles.
- Sessions by Subscriber: You can Export the report by single subscriber, all, or summary.
- Least Active Subscribers (No sessions or low 5%): You can Export all or summary.
Report Session Problems
If this feature is enabled, agents may report any oddities while cobrowsing. Some examples include: page loaded slowly, screen froze, and I didn’t see the images the customer was seeing. By reporting session problems, Glance can help troubleshoot with you to improve your agent /customer experience.
To use Session Problem Reports:
- Under the Activity tab, select the Session Problem Reports.
2. Once you have expanded the Session Problem Reports section, the report will automatically display the last 30 days. It is broken down into two sections:
- Summary by Issue
- Summary by Page
- Summary by Issue: To view the summary of an issue, click on the Number to the left of the issue. Once clicked, it will return a summary on this single issue.
The Summary will look like this:
- Summary by Page: To view the summary of a specific page, click on the Number to the left of the page issue. Once clicked, it will return a summary of the issues on that particular page.
The summary will look like this:
Run a Report for a Specific Date Range
To run a report for a specific date range:
- At the top of the report section, click the drop down next to Today.
2. Select the day, month, or custom date range.
To get the most out of the data, Glance recommends exporting the details into a pivot table.
To export follow these steps:
- After you have run the report, simply click Export Detail OR Export The Summary.
Here is an example of an exported report:
Accounts and Subscriptions Q & A
I am having trouble logging in to my account. What should I do?
Before you can use the Glance service, you need to have the proper Glance account credentials. Your account credentials include your Glance address and password:
- Your Glance address serves as your account username. You choose the address. It is often something like yourname.glance.net. Remember that when logging in to your account, you must enter your whole address including “.glance.net.”
Note: This address is also the unique web address that you give to your guest(s) so they can join Screen Share sessions.
- Your Glance password is a string of characters that you create to authenticate yourself, thereby granting you access to your account.
If you cannot log in online, it is because your address and/or password do not match what Glance has on file. You will need to change your password by clicking the Forgot your password? link on the login page of the Glance website. Then follow the Reset Your Password prompts provided.
If changing your password doesn’t solve the problem, double-check your Glance Address is accurate. In case that your log in troubles persist, contact Glance Support to verify your address.
When you first installed the Screen Share Client, Glance prompted you to log in using your Glance Address and Password. If you didn’t do this during the installation process, or if you need to make changes to your login details follow these steps:
Click on the G icon located on the system tray next to your computer’s clock:
- If you are using a Mac it will display on the menu bar.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click on the Account tab.
4. Enter your Glance Address and Password.
5. Click OK.
If you completed these steps, but still get a login-related error, make sure your Glance Address and Password are correct by logging in to your online account from the Glance website.
If you CAN log in online, but you are still having trouble logging onto the client with the correct credentials, try closing and relaunching Glance, or restart your computer.
To relaunch Glance in Windows:
- Click the G icon located in your system tray next to your computer’s clock.
- Choose Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Exit Glance button.
5. Find Glance in your programs from the Start menu or in your File Explorer and relaunch.
To relaunch Glance on a Mac:
- Click the G icon located on your menu bar of your Mac (near your clock).
- Click Quit Glance.
- Find Glance from your Spotlight or Applications folder and open it.
How do I change my Glance address or password?
You can change your Glance address and/or password at any time by following the steps below.
To change your Glance address or password:
- From the Glance home page, click the Log in link.
- Log in using the account owner’s Glance Address and Password.
- Click the Profile tab.
- Enter the new Glance Address and/or Password.
- Click the Update button.
If you are using Screen Share, modify the Glance address/password on each computer using the subscription:
- Make sure you are not hosting a session.
- Single-click the G icon to open the Glance Screen Share menu or log in here.
- Go to Settings.
- In the Account tab, enter your new Glance Address and password.
- Click OK if you’re on a PC. If you’re on a Mac, just close the window.
How do I reset my password?
All Glance passwords are encrypted and cannot be retrieved. Passwords can only be reset by the account owner. You will need the Glance address and email associated with the subscription to reset your Glance password. Once you have that information, follow the steps below.
To reset your password:
- From the Glance Home page, click on Log in.
- Click the Forgot password? link.
- Enter the full Glance Address (example: andy.glance.net) and account owner’s email. They must match exactly.
- You will be sent an email with a link. Click the link to reset your password.
If you are using Screen Share, update the password on your computer:
- Click the G icon to open the Glance Screen Share menu.
- Choose the Settings option.
- Select the Account tab.
- Enter your new password.
- On a PC, click the OK button. On a Mac, close the Settings window.
Why am I asked for my network password when I try to sign in?
Glance needs to connect to the Internet the same way your browser does. Do you have to supply your Network Username and Password just to surf the web? If so, your corporate network probably requires the same password for you to start a Glance session.
Where can I get a receipt of my Glance payments?
You must log in as a billing account owner to view invoices. Once you have logged in to the account for which you want to view the billing information:
- Select the Billing tab.
- Scroll down to the Invoice section.
- Select the Receipt link for the invoice you need.
You can use your Glance subscription from different computers.
- Download Glance to your new computer from https://glance.net/download.
- Follow the prompts. When asked, enter your subscription’s Glance Address and Password.
You will need to install our free software on each computer you use to host sessions. Guests just use their browsers to join.
The standard Glance Trial is 7 days. To extend your trial, send Glance an email or call at 1-888-945-2623. International: +1 781 316 2596.
A Glance Screen Share Day Pass lets you host as many sessions as you like during a 24 hour period.
Our grandfathered Glance Day Passers may activate their 24 hour access in two simple steps:
- From your PC or Mac, click the G icon and choose Start Session.
- Click the Buy DayPass button.
- Your credit card will be charged US $9.95 (non-refundable).
- Host as many session as you like, one session at a time, for the next 24 hours.
- Host sessions from any computer that shares your Glance subscription.
- Start a session to see how much time remains on your Day Pass.
- The next time you need another DayPass, just start a session.
Grandfathered Glance Day Pass users
You may see a message saying your Day Pass has expired. Don’t worry. When you’re ready to host your next session, click the G icon, select Start Session and choose the “Buy Day Pass” button.
You can access your Glance Screen Share subscription from multiple computers. However, please note that each subscription only lets you host one session at a time.
To use your Glance subscription on a different computer:
- Download Glance Screen Share to your new computer.
- Follow the prompts.
- When asked, enter your subscription’s Glance Address and Password.
When you are ready to convert your trial version of Glance Screen Share into a paid subscription follow the steps below.
- Login to your trial account.
- Click on Become a Subscriber.
- Select Buy.
- Select a monthly or annual plan. You will be prompted to fill in your billing information.
How do I cancel my Glance subscription?
We are sorry to hear that you have decided to leave Glance. However, you can cancel your subscription at any time by following the steps below.
To cancel your Glance subscription, first, log in using the account owner’s Glance Address and password. Then:
- Choose the Subscription tab.
- Check the box next to the subscription(s) to cancel. The subscription will expire on your next scheduled renewal date. There will be no additional charges.
Do Glance subscriptions renew automatically?
Yes, if you have a monthly or yearly subscription it will renew automatically, see https://ww2.glance.net/terms/. Please note that DayPasses do not automatically renew. If you have a yearly subscription, we will remind you about your approaching renewal date. If you have questions regarding your renewal, please contact us.
Yes, you can subscribe to Glance Screen Share for as many or as few months as you need. Contact us and we will set your subscription to automatically expire on the date of your choice. To restart your subscription later on, just log in and click Reactivate my subscription.
Your computer just needs the subscription’s login info, to find this:
- Single-click the G icon. The Glance Screen Share menu is displayed.
- Choose the Settings option.
- Under the Account tab, enter your subscription’s Glance Address and Password.
- Click OK if you’re on a PC. On a Mac, close the window.